Roof Replacement Services in Utah
Your home’s roof is one of its most critical structures. A professionally installed asphalt shingle roof can last upward of 20 years, and eventually, all homeowners must arrange roof replacements. If you need a reliable roof replacement company, Far West Roofing is ready to assist you. Our team provides a full range of professional roofing services, including full roof replacement. When you choose our team for professional roof installation, you can rest assured that we will help you understand every phase of the process and ensure you get maximum value for this important investment in your home.
Why Do I Need to Replace My Roof?
It is typically best to seek a roof repair before complete replacement. Total replacement of a residential roof is usually quite expensive, and even replacing a small home’s roof can cost tens of thousands of dollars. There are a few steps every homeowner should take to determine whether a roof repair can keep their roof in a reliable and safe condition for several more years or if complete replacement is essential:
- Check for signs of damage. Homeowners can visually inspect their roofs inside and out, but some may have trouble identifying signs of roof damage. If you notice anything strange or troublesome while checking around your roof, it’s best to contact a professional roof replacement company about your concerns.
- Arrange a professional inspection. It is best to leave concerns about such an important part of your home to professional hands. Contact a reputable roof replacement company like Far West Roofing to inspect your roof. You can explain your concerns, and they will check for the telltale signs of roof damage to determine whether your roof needs repairs or full replacement.
- Compare costs and potential values of repairs and replacement. Your roof replacement company can recommend whether repairs or replacement would be better for your roof’s condition and provide you with a detailed breakdown of the pricing for each available option.
- Determine your expectations. Are you planning on remaining in your home indefinitely? If so, then this could be the deciding factor between a roof repair and replacement. Replacing your roof means you won’t need to worry about it again for many more years, whereas a repair may only keep your roof in acceptable shape for another few years. However, if you plan to sell your home in the near future, a full replacement will cost more but also enable you to ask for a higher sale price once you put your home on the market, and a new roof is sure to attract additional interest from prospective buyers.
Once a homeowner has taken these initial steps, they should determine whether roof replacement is necessary.
Roof Replacement After Sudden Damage
- Severe winter storms can cause ice and water damage to roofs. If this damage is extensive enough, the entire roof may require replacement.
- High winds can cause shingles to dislodge from a roof and even damage gutters, eaves, vents, and other structures protruding from the roof.
- Falling tree branches can easily cause extensive damage to a roof, potentially causing the shingles and roof bed to cave into the attic or crawlspace below the roof decking.
- When clogged or damaged gutters flood and freeze, their weight can cause them to break away from the roof’s eaves. This can easily damage the roof near the gutter’s fasteners, and the fallen gutter may cause further damage below or even injure someone.
- Hail damage can wreak havoc on a roof, damaging and dislodging shingles and even penetrating the roof bed if it is heavy enough.
Far West Roofing, Inc. Boasts 25 yrs & an A+ BBB Rating
What to Expect From Professional Roof Replacement
When you contact a team like Far West Roofing to handle your roof replacement job, work begins once you determine what type of new roof you want to be installed over your home. Your roof replacement company will begin by removing your old roof and inspecting the underlying structures for damage. It is common for a roof replacement to entail the replacement of the roof bed and roof decking, as well as old shingles.
Once the old roof has been completely removed, your installation team will likely begin roof replacement by installing a new drip edge that will prevent the new shingles from curling. Next, the installation team will attach underlayment and water protection sheathing to add a protective layer against moisture to your roof. Once the underlayment layers are attached, your roofers will begin installing the new outer roof covering. With an asphalt shingle roof, shingles are attached in strips or individually in a staggered pattern that ensures water flows off the roof and into the gutters correctly. Finishing touches for roof replacement typically include replacing or repairing damaged flashings and other roof fixtures.
How to Get Maximum Value From Your Roof Replacement
It’s natural for any homeowner to hesitate to arrange roof replacement due to the high cost of this kind of work. However, if you have arranged a professional inspection of your current roof and determined that full replacement is your best option, it’s vital to hire the right team for the job. A professional roof replacement company can help you determine the best available option for fixing your roof if possible, and if replacement is necessary, a team like Far West Roofing can ensure you get the most value for your investment in your new roof.
Take time to find a professional roof replacement company with a solid track record of successful replacement work in your area. Be sure to ask your friends, neighbors, and family for their recommendations if they had roof replacements done recently. Choose the roof replacement company that offers you a realistic quote for your project and the ability to complete your roof replacement on time.
Far West Roofing offers professional roof repair and roof replacement services to local property owners. If you have noticed problems with your roof, are unsure how old your roof is, or recently noticed roof damage you need to have inspected, contact Far West Roofing today to learn more about our professional roof replacement services.